It took Blizzard almost a year to get to patch 1.07 and add some form of PvP.
As it stands, I’ll probably give dueling a go a few times but I have a feeling it will take them another year to get some kind of balance when it comes to class skills. Gear levels will NEVER be balanced, so Athene will own you with his eyes closed.
So apart from all this, how does dueling work?
- To duel another player, you’ll need to speak with Nek the Brawler at the inn in New Tristram
- Speaking with Nek will take you and your party to the Scorched Chapel
- Dueling currently supports up to four players in a Free-For-All format
- Dying in a duel will resurrect you in the dueling area
- Hardcore characters can duel too, death in the dueling area doesn’t kill your toon
- You don’t take any durability damage while in the dueling zone